Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

SOL#6: Zip It

"C, can you name some of Ramon's actions that tell you he is changing in the story?" I ask.

Before he has a chance to speak, N starts blurting out the answer and just as quickly I say "zip it" while pretending to physically zip my lips.  N smiles, doesn't say anything and allows C to answer.  K, the other student in the group doesn't say anything either.

A few minutes later, I ask another question. But this time it was directed at N. I wait for a minute, and am getting no response. She now is sitting there with air filled chipmunk cheeks, turning slightly red and trying not to burst out laughing.

"Are you ok? What's happening? Why aren't you talking?"

She points to me, points to her lips, stands up and starts writing on the board, "You need to....".

At this point K and C are laughing pretty hard, i'm still perplexed and N is laughing so hard she can't write.

K says, "You told her to zip her lips and now she can't talk until you unzip them."

OMG, seriously!? Now I laugh and roll my eyes, motion like i'm unzipping N's mouth and we all take a minute to finish laughing together. N answers the question and we finish our discussion.

Kids are silly. And I love every minute of it. 











1 comment:

  1. These silly kid moments are definitely the best part about hanging out with kids!

    ReplyDelete